Sunday, May 15, 2011

great estates.

Perfectly symmetrical pools of water. Five hundred, at least. With irrelevant teal peninsulas wedged between them creating a lawless maze around the water. Not man made, no, the signs proclaimed otherwise. Tiny insignificant signs declaring a natural disaster transpired beneath my feet. This information could be easily overlooked if your eyes were fixated on the bigger picture. Thousands upon thousands of miniature lakes, filled with gray unremarkable water. Birthed from a lightning storm, an earthquake, a tornado? God's form into fingers, the master puppeteer, with a penchant for balance. Liquid so still it produced a slight suffocation in my chest if I gazed intently for more than a mere second or two.

I remember feeling a similar reaction, before.

Meandering along the edges; I am lost, but unconcerned. Withdrawing from my reflection in each pool of water, dismayed by the sight of my own empty eyes. Slate blue today, mirroring the sky's palette, like always.

There are no fish.

And that's not all.

No comments:

Post a Comment